Installing OpenQBMM on Ubuntu can be done leveraging the packaged version of OpenFOAM for Ubuntu maintained by the OpenFOAM foundation. The steps to follow are the following:
- Open the bash terminal and add the OpenFOAM repository and the corresponding signatures with the commands:
sudo add-apt-repository "http://dl.openfoam.org/ubuntu"
sudo sh -c "wget -O - http://dl.openfoam.org/gpg.key | apt-key add -"
- Refresh the repository with the command:
sudo apt-get update
- Install OpenFOAM-dev with:
sudo apt-get install openfoam5
- Add the configuration file for OpenFOAM to bashrc with the command:
echo "source /opt/openfoam5/etc/bashrc" >> .bashrc
- Source the user’s bashrc file with:
- Verify the functionality of OpenFOAM by invoking the command:
- Create a directory called OpenQBMM (or OpenQBMM-dev for the development version)
- Open a terminal in that directory
- Use the command
git clone https://github.com/OpenQBMM/OpenQBMM.git
- Optional: If the development version is desired, checkout the development branch:
git checkout -b development origin/development
- Build OpenQBMM by running the following command in the OpenQBMM directory:
This will generate the binaries of OpenQBMM. Functionality can be tested by running, for example, pbeFoam validation cases.